The food and physical activity choices you make every day affect your health how you feel today, tomorrow, and in the future. A Healthier You is grounded in the comprehensive science-based advice of the official Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005.
A Healthier You brings together nutrition information from the Federal Government to help you make smart choices about healthy eating and physical activity. These keys to a healthy lifestyle may reduce your risk of getting such chronic diseases as heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, and certain cancers, and increase your chances for a longer life.
This easy-to-use guide will help you make wise food and physical activity choices to manage your weight with:
* Two healthy eating plans: The DASH Eating Plan and new Food Pyramid
* A how-to use the Nutrition Food label to make product choices
* Tips for eating out and when you are on the go
* An assortment of recipes
* Guidelines on how to prepare, handle, and store food to keep you and your family safe, and
* Steps for incorporating physical activity into your life
Plus, A Healthier You includes the complete Dietary Guidelines for Americans with its 41 key recommendations