It's not aboutthem, it's about all of us.
With afocus on critical thinking, Oltmanns and Emery prepare students for the DSM-V and beyond by addressing key issues and concepts that will remain, even as diagnostic criteria change.
In Abnormal Psychology, 7th edition Oltmanns and Emery bring both the science and personal aspects of abnormal psychology to life with a focus on evidence-based practiceand emerging research. The authors emphasize that abnormal psychology is not about them, it's about all of us. Using extensive case studies, they present the most cutting edge information on abnormal psychology by covering methods and treatment in context. Organized around the way students learn, this ground breaking text integrates the biological, psychological, and social perspectives in one concurrent story.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning The new MyPsychLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking With a focus on critical thinking students are encouraged to be inquiring skeptics.
- Engage Students Speaking Out video series and case studies woven throughout each chapter engage students in the science and the practice of abnormal psychology.
- Explore Research Detailed coverage of research methods and treatment is presented in every chapter; treatment is also covered in a standalone chapter.
- Support Instructors Speaking Out videos on DVD, MyPsychLabs Class Prep, video embedded PowerPoints on DVD, MyTest, clicker questions, and an instructors manual provide extensive support for instructors.
Note: MyPsychLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyPsychLab, please visit: www.mypsychlab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MyPsychLab (at no additional cost). VP: 9780205229260