In the late 1800s, pioneers settled in the northeast Texas region of Cross Timbers known as Double Springs. In 1875, Isaac Roberts, a farmer who owned more than 600 acres, left a parcel of his land to A. G. Roberts, who then sold the right-of-way to the Texas and Pacific Railway for $25. A new town was formed, and in 1882, it was named Keller in honor of the railroad foreman who was instrumental in making the area a regular stop along the railroad. With the railroad bringing new visitors and residents, a post office was created in 1888, and new businesses started forming. The Works Progress Administration provided jobs for many Keller residents during the Great Depression, and the results of those projects shaped the way the city looks today. As of 2010, Old Town Keller was undergoing a new phase of revitalization while maintaining its connection to the hardy pioneers that once called Keller home.