Continuing to advocate for health professionals becoming health educators and a more informed, healthier aging population, David Haber has updated this fourth edition of his respected text with discussion and analysis of major issues and topics in the field, including:
- A Critique of the MyPyramid Food Guide
- How to Change Medical Encounters into Health Encounters
- Descriptions of Model Health Programs
- A Review of the 2006 Surgeon General's Report on Second-Hand Smoke
- Critical Analysis of Medicare Part D
- The Benefits of Pet Support
- Life Review and Cognitive Fitness
- Appraisals of Complementary and Alternative Practices
Innovative ideas on public policy and aging, examples of stand-out community health advocacy, and a final chapter on the future of the field complete this integrated look at our health, community, and aging.Instructor's Guide Now Available!
An Instructor's Manual for this textbook is available for those professors who have adopted Health Promotion and Aging, Fourth Edition and can verify a bookstore order of 7 or more copies. Please email our Marketing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have adopted this text as you will need a password to download the guide. Please provide the name and telephone number of the bookstore that ordered the textbooks. A print version of the Instructor's Guide is also available.