Following the familiar, easy-to-use at a Glanceformat, and now in full-colour, Surgery at a Glance is an accessible introduction and revision text for medical students. Fully revised and updated, this at a Glance provides a user-friendly overview of surgery to encapsulate all that the student needs to know.
This new edition ofSurgeryat a Glance:
- Is presented in full colour format for ease of use
- Focuses on the core principles and the important diseases appropriate to the current curriculum
- Features extended coverage of anaesthesia and paediatric surgery
- Divides the Paediatric surgery chapter into two new chapters to feature infantile pyloric stenosis, intussusception and malrotation of the gut
- Reflects the latest practice, e.g. new therapies for varicose veins resection
- Includes more practical information in the Presentations section on specifically ward-based topics
Surgery at a Glanceis an invaluable resource for all clinical medical students, junior doctors, and surgical nurses.
Reviews of the previous edition
This book is ideal for finals as diagrams help the revision numbed mind to retain information. It is extremely quick and easy to read and the list-based information is an ideal basis for short-answer questions. Barts and the London Chronicle
Delightful book the quality of the diagrams is such that for the majority of topics the text is almost superfluous. British Journal of Surgery