Part of the Pet Lover's Guide series, this handbook covers the most common topics of skin disease in small animals, their causes, and their medical management in a non-technical, informative, and useful manner accessible to both veterinarians and pet owners. The book is organized by skin disorder type, and then alphabetically by disease. Information for each disease is divided into signs, causes, possible secondary consequences, treatment/management, and complications or what to look for. Other topics addressed include healthy haircoat, bathing and grooming your pet, and preventive measures such as flea control.
- Full-color line art and photographs show the vast number of skin diseases commonly found in dogs and cats in a useful and informative manner.
- Special boxes labeled Where We Stand present the author's strong opinions on specific (sometimes controversial) issues in a highlighted, easy-to-find format.
- Key terms are highlighted, making them easy to locate and reference these terms are also included in the glossary with clear, simple definitions.
- Important information is bulleted and placed in a shaded box, bringing the main points to the reader's attention in a quick and useful way.
- Concise, comprehensive index of diseases provides a quick and easy way to find information on particular diseases.
- Clear readability makes information easily accessible to pet owners, helping them to better understand the skin disease their pet has been diagnosed with and their options for medical management.
- Written by established, recognized veterinarians, this book is a reliable source for veterinary professionals.