Handbook of Obesity: Clinical Applications, Third Edition is the premier reference for physicians and researchers in the field of obesity. Written by leading scientists and clinicians, this handbook offers unparalleled depth and breadth of coverage concerning this growing global and chronic disease that affects and exacerbates comorbid conditions including diabetes and heart disease.
This Third Edition is full of many revisions including:
- The sections Etiology and Pathophysiology have been updated to reflect state-of-the-art advancements in the prevalence, etiology, and pathophysiology of obesity
- New chapters have been added and revisions made to the subjects of genetics, molecular biology, endocrine determinants of obesity, the metabolic syndrome, and the relationship between obesity and diabetes
Written by the fields leading scientists and clinicians, Handbook of Obesity: Clinical Applications, Third Edition:
- has unparalleled coverage of the full range of subjects comprising the field of obesity.
- is packed with charts, diagrams, and tables that conveniently summarize key information and concepts
- elucidates state-of-the-art knowledge of the definition, prevalence, etiology, and pathophysiology of obesity