Today's Guide for Mentoring
The Making of Tomorrow's Physician is a complete guide for attending physicians supervising medical students in the field. This logically organized, approachable book will help physicians improve every aspect of the mentoring process so fledgling M.D.s can grow into mature student doctors. You'll discover:
- How to quickly assess student strengths and weaknesses
- Key techniques for instilling positive patient interaction
- Milestones for ensuring students are ready to fly solo with patient
- Steps to recognize and foster the essential qualities for long-term success
- Unique tests and a 13-point evaluation to measure the whole person's achievements and deficiencies.
The Making of Tomorrow's Physician will not only help students grasp the clinical information needed to become a good doctor, but also the heart of caring that makes one a great healer. A refreshing approach along with humor and charm make this a must-read for medical professionals, as well as a delightful insight for patients.
Praise for The Making of Tomorrow's Physician
This is a highly personal account of office-based education from a master teacher. More than an instructional manual, this book offers insights into the conduct of an effective apprenticeship-style experience that is sure to enrich both teacher and student.
-Dr. Walter N. Kernan, Professor of Medicine, Yale University