PCRs simplicity as a molecular technique is, in some ways, responsible for the huge amount of innovation that surrounds it, as researchers continually think of new ways to tweak, adapt, and re-formulate concepts and applications. PCR Technology: Current Innovations, Third Edition is a collection of novel methods, insights, and points of view that provides a critical and timely reference point for anyone wishing to use this technology.
Topics in this forward-thinking volume include:
- The purification and handling of PCR templates
- The effect of the manufacture and purification of the oligonucleotide on PCR behavior
- Optimum buffer composition
- Probe options
- The design and optimization of qPCR assays
- Issues surrounding the development and refinement of instrumentation
- Effective controls to protect against uncertainties due to reaction variability
Covering all aspects of PCR and real-time PCR, the book contains detailed protocols that make it suitable as both a reference and an instruction manual. Each chapter presents detailed guidelines as well as helpful hints and tips supplied by authors who are recognized experts in their fields. In addition to descriptions of current technology and best practices, the book also provides information about new developments in the PCR arena.