An easily accessible guide to scientific information, Hazardous Chemicals: Safety Management and Global Regulations covers proper management, precautions, and related global regulations on the safety management of chemical substances. The book helps workers and safety personnel prevent and minimize the consequences of catastrophic releases of toxic, reactive, flammable, or explosive chemical substances, which often result in toxic or explosive hazards. It also details safety measures for transportation of chemical substances by different routes, such as by road, rail, air, and sea.
- Discusses different aspects of potentially toxic and hazardous chemicals in simple and comprehensive language
- Provides toxicity and health effects of chemicals in simple, nontechnical language
- Covers scientific information on hazardous and potentially dangerous chemical substances at workplaces
- Offers fundamental knowledge about the biological and health effects of hazardous and potentially toxic chemicals in a comprehensive way
- Includes recent developments on safety management of hazardous and potentially toxic chemicals and related global regulations
The author discusses the importance of knowledge in avoiding negligence during the use and handling of hazardous chemical substances. He stresses the importance of proper management and judicious application of each chemical substance irrespective of the workplace and eventually shows how safety and protection of the user, workplace, and the living environment can be achieved.