Property: Examples & Explanations,Fifth Edition, is a study aid that offers clear textual introductions to legal terms and concepts in property law, followed by examples and explanations that test and apply the readers understanding of the material covered. Both authors have years of experience presenting material in a clear and compelling way.
With its rich pedagogy that features boldfaced legal terms and visual aids,Property: Examples & Explanationsfills a niche distinct from other books. The six-part topical organization matches the coverage of most first-year property courses and follows the organization of the best-selling casebook byDukeminier,Krier, Alexander &Schill. Accomplished authors Barlow Burke and JosephSnoeassure that the rules and doctrines making up the first year course on the law of property are well covered.
- Clear and readable text
- Rich pedagogy includes boldfaced legal terms and visual aids, such as charts and diagrams, especially for common-law estatesa topic that lends itself to diagrammatic presentation
- Coverage of fundamental and widely taught rules and doctrines
- Expanded coverage of Fixtures
- Reinforcement of terminology in Estates in Land and in Future Interests
- Uses illustrative examples in the overview of Future Interests and of Rule Against Perpetuities
- Expanded discussion and explanation of trusts
- Added material on key new Supreme Court cases, including Arkansas Game & Fish Commission v. United States and Marvin M. Brandt Revocable Trust v. United States.
- Expanded coverage on the Stop the BeachRenourishment
- Comments on conceptual severance cases