New 8th Edition Now Available!
The 8th edition of College and Career Success features topics on college, career, and lifelong success. This textbook helps students choose a major that matches their interests and personal strengths. The latest research on motivation, mindset, and grit is used to help students persist and complete their education. It provides the basic skills for success in college and throughout life.
College & Career Success:
- incorporates the latest research on motivation, positive psychology, mindset, and grit to improve the persistence rate of college students.
- helps students choose a major by assessing their personality types, multiple intelligences, emotional intelligence, interests, and values.
- contains information on current career trends, career outlook, the career decision making process, educational planning, and using social media for finding employment.
- includes an online portfolio with career assessment results and links to the O*Net database for career research.
- translates the latest research in psychology, education, and neuroscience into practical learning strategies for students.
- emphasizes the need for math success and provides practical strategies for studying math.
- helps students think positively about the future, clarify what happiness means to them, and work toward attaining happiness in life.
- has interactive online instructor resources.
College & Career Success will enhance student learning through:
- interactive activities that engage students in learning.
- frequent quizzes and answer keys.
- journal entries.
- individual and group activities.
- the accompanying College Success 1 website located at www.collegesuccess1.com contains faculty and student resources including interactive classroom exercises, handouts, video suggestions, PowerPoint, test bank, Word documents for the journal entries, Internet links to supplemental content, and much more.
A Concise Version is available for 1- and 2-credit courses. College and Career Success - Concise