* Unique patterns for cozy, customized outdoor gear
* Projects both for knitting outdoors and for using outdoors
* Handy tips on knitting with waterproof yarns
Featuring 20 outdoor-friendly knitting projects, How to Knit in the Woods is every crafty person's indispensable guide to creativity in the open air. Full of advice on how to choose quick-drying yarns and other outdoor-friendly materials, and how to knit on the go -- this is not your mother's knitting book.
Projects range from easy to intermediate and include such gems as a waterproof cardigan, a campfire cushion (which doubles as pillow), marshmallow pot holders, cozy camp socks, and a woodsy washcloth outfitted with a built-in pocket for soap. Easy-to-follow, inspired patterns and a resource guide round out this kitschy yet modern craft guide.
Here are two additional knitting charts from Shannon Okey that you can download as PDFs:
1. a Snake in the Woods Cartigan --
2. Tai Shan Hoodie click here.